Re: [Hybrid] Polyphonic Ringtones

  • Antti Mutta
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2003
      My friend actually composed Hurdy-Gurdy and other Nokia tune. Please, don't
      disrespect his skillz ;)

      -antti

      > I've just bought one of those new mobiles with polyphonic ringtones. It's
      absolute brilliant. But it could do with a decent ringtone! I'm bloody sick
      of the Nokia Tune or Hurdy-Gurdy, who the hell uses these! (No disrespect to
      those who actually DO!) Anyway, just wondering whether anyone on this list
      may be able to help find decent ringtones - a Hybrid one would be ultimate
      of course!

      > Jonny.
    • R - Freshhhhhhhhhhhh
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 30, 2003
        "SYMPHONY" would be perfect.

      • hybrid@defhorn.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 30, 2003
          In case you cared, all polyphonic ringtones are basically midi files (the ones
          that have been around for yonks. At least they are on my Panasonic GD87, but I
          am pretty sure that applies to most phones)...just download to your phone (you
          can edit them to get the chorus or something, otherwise your phone would have
          to ring for ages to get to a good bit ;-)

          Anyone have any Hybrid on MIDI? I have had a look, but can't find anything...

          Quoting R - Freshhhhhhhhhhhh <rfresh@...>:

          > "SYMPHONY" would be perfect.
          >

          > >I've just bought one of those new mobiles with polyphonic ringtones. It's
          > >absolute brilliant. But it could do with a decent ringtone! I'm bloody sick
          > >of the Nokia Tune or Hurdy-Gurdy, who the hell uses these! (No disrespect
          > >those who actually DO!) Anyway, just wondering whether anyone on this list
          > >may be able to help find decent ringtones - a Hybrid one would be ultimate
          > >of course!
        • Chilvers, Simon
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 30, 2003
            > Anyone have any Hybrid on MIDI? I have had a look, but can't find
            anything...

            Don't you get little pieces of software with the phone to convert most sound
            files to the midi format required to save to the phone, If not... I can get
            the details of the program you need from my girlfriends brother tonight! He
            has a polyphonic phone and is constantly putting garbage like Enimem and
            linkin park on it!

            Blurgh!!! :-(

            Si
          • R - Freshhhhhhhhhhhh
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 30, 2003
              {{{ R-Freshhhhhhhh says: ....................."I like Linkin Park"}}}
              -------------: )

              [[[ Ally says: Stop copying the moderator comments :D ]]]

              >Don't you get little pieces of software with the phone to convert most sound
              >files to the midi format required to save to the phone, If not... I can get
              >the details of the program you need from my girlfriends brother tonight! He
              >has a polyphonic phone and is constantly putting garbage like Enimem and
              >linkin park on it!
              >
              >Blurgh!!! :-(
              >
              >Si
            • pinyan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 30, 2003
                a friend who works in a studio, they got hired by nokia to do polyphonic
                ringtones for downloading at the nokia site.
                he's been showing them off on his phone. i dont know how they do their
                selection, if they get to choose what songs to do, or if nokia gives them a
                list............
                mostly radio stuff though. bit of asian pop stuff too.
                i havent got one of those new phones though.
                according what i've heard from him, they work like midi, but i dont know if
                they're the exact same MIDI format that we're familiar with.
              • G3K
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 30, 2003
                  This may be kinda arcane, but what about phones that support only
                  manually-entered monophonic ringtones? Are there any "cheat sheets" that
                  list popular songs that I can enter in, or do I have to figure out
                  "Symphony" manually?

                  G3K

                • B <ilpn0yli@aol.com>
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 31, 2003
                    hey R-Freshhhhhhhhhh, I feel you, I like Linkin Park too.. I just
                    find it hilariously ironic that my two favorite musical artists of
                    all time (Hybrid and Linkin Park) crossed paths at one point in
                    time. YOu see, Linkin Park used to be called Hybrid Theory, but had
                    to change their name because of conflicts with "other artists" and I
                    later found out it was our guys :D

                    Anyways, back to the ringtone subject.. well I GOT A SURPRISE FOR YOU
                    GUYS!!! I just uploaded a midi file of FINISHED SYMPHONY. I found
                    it while looking for midi's of songs from the SSX soundtrack (where
                    hybrid appeared with F.S.) and was delighted to find this. Granted,
                    it sounds a little bit wierd, but hey.. it's a midi how great can you
                    make those sound? :X I'm not sure who the author is, but I'm sure he
                    put his name somewhere in the sequence if you can do that...

                    Sorry, I'm a bit of a lurker, but I always jump at the opportunity to
                    help you guys out :)

                    Here is the link to the MIDI (in a zip file):

                    http://www.csupomona.edu/~bnreyes/hybrid.zip

                    --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "R - Freshhhhhhhhhhhh "