RE: [Hybrid] Hum

  • Nick Bower
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 3, 2003
      >Was wondering if anyone had had the chance to check out the breakbeat
      night at Jax, which methinks is called Hum (it may >be the other way
      round). Would be very interested in any opinions/recommendations. N

      A delayed reply to this one (blame the chaos of Xmas/NYE...also the fact
      that I've tried to forget what pc's and email are for at least a few
      weeks - also not had the opportunity to access email much!. Kind of
      refreshing for me, but equally annoying as afterall its a major mode of
      contact for many peeps out there )....;)

      Anyway yes, you're right Nikki, the night is called 'Hum' and the club
      it originally started off at was called Jax (near London Bridge).
      Basically, it's a collaboration between the labels Whole 9 Yards & TCR.
      I went along several few months ago to see Rennie Pilgrem, Meat Katie
      and Rhythm Division live (may have been the launch night, can't remember
      now). The music was pretty varied and chunky, the venue was dark and
      cellar-like in a rough and ready kind of way. However, Hum is on the
      move in Feb 2003 (relocating from South London to the Fortress club in
      East London). Its also going bi-monthly now too. For more info go to the
      club website: http://www.humclub.com/

      Personally I'd give it a whirl, Nikki - its worth checking out.

      Cheers

      :)

      Nick
    • Nikki Wood
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 9, 2003
        Thanks, Nick, for the info on Hum (this is a seriously belated response, my apologies!). I'll certainly check the night out when it moves to the Fortress in Old Street on the 22nd Feb, especially as it will be almost within walking (or stumbling) distance from my house.
        Would be interested to know if anyone else from the list is planning on going and also what the chances are of Hybrid making an appearance at some point.

        And going back to a very old thread, given that it is snooker time again, i still get a bit excited whenever i hear Finished Symphony in the background. And Rob Dougan's Furious Angels on the Post Office ads.I definitely need to get out more.

        Nikki