Best of 2002 Poll results

  • RICHARD LUND
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
      Well here it is...

      The votes have been tallyed and counted...

      Alot of diversity on this list...I like that...

      Thanx to all of you who participated in this ...

      These are in no particular order....

      Its just everyones collective answers

      -- Best Full Lenght Album :

      - Deepsky - Insilico
      - Nitin Sawhney - Prophesy
      - Sasha - Airdrawndagger (this one got 7 votes)
      - Layo & Bushwacka - Night Works (this one got 2 votes)
      - Drummatic Twins - Drummatical
      - Ali B - Fabriclive
      - Massive Attack - 100th Window
      - Frou Frou - Details
      - Dub Pistols - Y4k
      - Oakenfold - Bunka
      - Jello - Voile
      - Ils - Soul Trader
      - Doves - The Last Broadcast
      - Chris Coco - Next Wave
      - Freq Nasty - Y4k

      -- Best Single :

      - Hybrid - Visible Noize / Know Your Enemy (4 votes)
      - Future Sound of London - Papau New Guinea - Hybrid Mix
      - Jez & Choopie - Yim - Hybrid Mix
      - Starfire - Freq Out / Universal Static System
      - Conjure One - Tears from the Moon - Hybrid Mix
      - Greed - Strange World
      - Hybrid - Gravastar / Celebrity Science (2 votes)
      - ????? - Hereos - Krafty Kuts Mix
      - Radiohead - Everything in its Right Place - Hybrid Mix
      - Shpongle - My Head Feels Like a Frisbee
      - Piece Process - My Mind's Going
      - Andy Page & Babs - Oblivia Newto Bomb
      - Rob Dougan - Clubbed to Death
      - Danny Sullivan & Kemist - Snake Charmer

      -- Best New Tune :

      - ????? - Climbatise (remix)
      - Hybrid - Know Your Enemy
      - Hybrid - Visible Noize
      - Nubreed - Satellites (2 votes)
      - Conjure One - Tears from the Moon - Hybrid Mix
      - Amb - Romeo
      - Layo & Bushwacka - Love Story - Tim Deluxe (2 votes)
      - Justin Timberlake - Like I Love You - Basement Jaxx Mix
      - Royksopp - Remind Me - Zabliela Mix (2 votes)
      - Basement Jaxx - Get Off Me - Superchumbo Mix
      - James Holden - Nothing - Returning 93 Mix
      - New Order - Confusion - Koma & Bones Mix
      - ILS - No Soul - PMT Mix
      - Gouryella - Walhalla - Hybrid Mixes
      - Steiger - Cha Cha
      - Medway & Cusick - Column of Clouds

      -- Best DJ :

      - Hybrid (7 votes!!!!) Now would that be Mike or Chris??
      - BT
      - Koma & Bones
      - Loes Lees
      - Sasha
      - Steve Smart
      - James Holden
      - Crystal Method
      - Dave Holmes
      - Sander Kleinenberg
      - James Zabiela (2 votes)

      -- Best New Artist :

      - Nynex
      - Starfire
      - James Holden
      - Drummatic Twins
      - Amb
      - Tatu
      - Uberzone
      - Chris Lake
      - Hemstock & Jennings
      - Dan Goodall
      - Burufunk
      - Quiet Killaz
      - Steiger
      - Smight
      - Chris Coco

      -- Best Artist (Overall)

      - Hybrid (9 votes) ...hmmm...who wouldve guessed??.
      - Queens of the Stone Age
      - Simon Posford
      - BT
      - Sasha
      - James Holden
      - Yunus Guvenen
      - Underworld (3 votes)
      - Groove Armada

      -- Favorite Post :

      - The "flying teeth" incident (2 votes)
      - Visible Noize spelt with a "Z" (2 votes)
      - This Best of 2002 Posting
      - Gnomes
      - Jason's scrawled messages
      - MP3 Encoders
      - "The noblest of dogs is the Hot Dog"
      - "Canada is Ned Flanders to USA's Homer Simpson..Hidley-Hodely neighborino!...Shut up Canada"
      - Members of Grayarea are gay or not
      - Jason Dunne's pub stories

      -- Best New Purchase :

      - BT - Movement in Still Life (2xcd)
      - Circulation - Turqoise - BLIM's Relentless Bass Mix
      - Ferry Corsten - Punk
      - BT - Fibonacci Sequence
      - Layo & Bushawacka - Night Works
      - Drummatic Twins - Drummatical
      - Ali B - Fabriclive
      - Hybrid - Visible Noize / Know Your Enemy
      - Hybrid - Gravastar / Celebrity Science
      - Kaos Pad 2
      - Alesis RS300 Amp
      - Mavi - The Lost Anatolian EP Part 1 (Yunus Guvenen)
      - Autechre - Gantz Graf - cd/dvd
      - Sasha - Airdrawndagger
      - Morgan Geist / Erlend Oye - Ghost Trains
      - Royskopp - Melody AM
      - BT - ESCM

      -- Best Live Act :

      - BT
      - Hybrid (6 votes)
      - Chemical Brothers
      - Rick Brunetto & his Big Band
      - Fischerspooner
      - Deepsky
      - Bola (live AU)
      - Plaid
      - Underworld
      - St Germain
      - Royskopp

      Well there it is...

      I cant wait to see what 2003 looks like...

      RICK
    • e_chu <ericchu@ucla.edu>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2003
        Mmm... Massive Attack :D How did it get in that poll when it hasn't
        even been released yet? My most anticipated albums for this coming
        year are Massive Attack's, and of course Hybrid's.

        - Eric

        > - Massive Attack - 100th Window
      • Phil Stewart
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2003
          On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, RICHARD LUND wrote:

          > Well here it is...
          >
          > The votes have been tallyed and counted...

          Heh, I guess I've missed the boat for my Best of 2002, it seems like I
          barely have time to read everything that comes through this group (somehow
          I manage it), let alone reply. I thoroughly enjoy it nontheless. A lot of
          my current influence comes from here - if you guys reckon something is
          good, it generally is, which generaly helps me direct my meagre record
          spending :-) So thanks to all of you who did send their 'Best of' posts, a
          *big* thanks to Rick for compiling the results (I'll definitely be
          printing that out :P ); a massive thanks to Ally, which is kinda obvious
          :-) ; and the biggest thanks of all to all of you lot, who collectively
          make up what is an absolutely fantastic discussion list!

          Um, big random thankyou session now done with, it remains for me to say
          Happy New Year all, and may it bring many interesting and enjoyable things
          to listen to :-)

          --
          From Phil