Experiment IV

  • Ally Shuttleworth
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 9, 2000
      Well , I just listened to Experiment IV for the first time.

      I am so disappointed.

      It gives me great pain to say that - I love Hybrid!

      The actual music is OK (nice intro) - but her voice is VERY unsuited to
      Hybrid's music. She makes the tune sound like any other dance tune, and not
      a particular good one! She's trying far too hard, and sounds too old.

      In my opinion, that is the worst Hybrid song I've heard yet....just beating
      the French one off the album (I can never remember it's name).

      Pants.

      Ally
    • Stuart Bruce
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 28, 2000
        I've just voted in this poll. I don't expect my choice will get many
        other votes, but that's personal preference...

        I still say it's a shame that "Experiment IV", the track off that promo
        I found, never got a commercial release, and as a result very few of you
        have heard it. I still say it's a great Hybrid track and should at least
        have been included in the poll... not that it would necessarily have got
        my vote, but it might have done. So there.

        Nice to see Ally back and posting so much. :-)

        Stuart.

        --
        Stuart Bruce
        stuart@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 29, 2000
          I agree, Experiment IV should have been included in the running.
          I don't know if I would have listed it as my favorite, but it would
          be in the running. Burnin' is another song I might have chosen had
          it been an option.

          I think its strange how polarize people are on the song. I'm not
          really bombarded by "Dance" tunes here in the US so I might not have
          the same perspective as some of you. I think its very well-sung with
          excellent production. The lyrics seemed a little silly at first but
          you get used to them quickly. Any thoughts on Experiment IV from
          others?

          --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
          mcraig@...
        • Davin Greenwell
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 29, 2000
            On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Stuart Bruce wrote:

            > I still say it's a shame that "Experiment IV", the track off that promo
            > I found, never got a commercial release, and as a result very few of you
            > have heard it. I still say it's a great Hybrid track and should at least
            > have been included in the poll... not that it would necessarily have got
            > my vote, but it might have done. So there.

            I've got the same sort of experience here. I do have Experiment IV as
            well and it's quite good but not long enough!! one of the catchiest songs
            I have heard in the last while though for sure.

            I on the other hand have the Altitude/Kill City promo on vinyl, and man
            is that a good 45 rpm record. Hasn't left my record bag since I got it..

            The Red Square Reprise of Altitude on Wide Angle makes a lot more sense
            when you know the original really well. hehe.

            ok bye!
            --
            (dj) arizona
            davin greenwell
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 11, 2001
              For more information about the discovery of "Experiment IV", I refer the
              jury to the following messages in the archive at
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hybriduk/ :

              message numbers: 91; 92; 95; 110; 119; 121; 122; 123.

              More than a year after the original debate, I still stand by the fact
              that I like the track...

              Stuart.

              --
              Stuart Bruce
              stuart@...
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 13, 2002
                I know that this topic was done & dusted a long time ago, but I've just noticed
                that the MP3 is available via www.progressive-sounds.com on a FTP link, used
                here:

                ftp://anon:anon@64.65.219.196/Hybrid-%20Experiment%20IV.mp3

                I've been listening to it, and it sounds really good to me.

                Later,
                Jits.
              • d66n
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 16, 2002
                  Jits

                  Gotta agree - it's one of my 'most listened to' at the moment. Found
                  it at Audiogalaxy. Wish I could get an original cut of it on CD.

                  > I've been listening to it, and it sounds really good to me.

                  On the other main subject of the moment, it makes me feel sick to
                  here that both BT & Hybrid's kit has been stolen. Best wishes to
                  them, hoping that it doesn't get them down too much.

                  Cheers
                  DavidN
                • Gavin
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 18, 2002
                    My MP3 stash has a 12 inch mix and normal version of Experiment IV if
                    it helps....

                    Gavin Stok

                    http://hybridmusic.org.uk/

                    http://uk.my.yahoo.com