Re: [Hybrid] Re: OT: New BT album info...

  • EvilAlivE@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
      s_lobo_2@... writes:

      > For him to allow 25 fans into his home and play for
      > them a preview of his upcoming album, he is truly a generous man.

      i suggest u take a peak at the pictures ection at <A HREF="www.bt-network.org">www.bt-network.org</A>

      we werent like.. just allowed n his house... it was like... OUR house... go
      where u want.. sit where u want... toouch what you want.. eat what you want..
      drink what you want...

      his studio is smack in the middle of the living room.. and we just hung out
      and listened/played with stuff all damned night

      cheers,

      jd
    • Raj Marathe
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
        Wow man that is awesome. I am a huge fan of BT's and I heard nothing
        about this.
        I feel really jealous --but glad that some fans got to experience this
        get together. That is really unlike any musician I've ever heard of --to
        let them in his home and do whatever. Like someone mentioned in a
        up again (if it ever does) e-mail me because I would go.

        Thanks for providing your stories, too. :-)

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 18, 2002
          rajman@... writes:

          > Wow man that is awesome. I am a huge fan of BT's and I heard nothing
          > about this.
          > I feel really jealous --but glad that some fans got to experience this
          > get together. That is really unlike any musician I've ever heard of --to
          > let them in his home and do whatever. Like someone mentioned in a
          > up again (if it ever does) e-mail me because I would go.
          >
          > Thanks for providing your stories, too. :-)

          i cant be sure how people were selected.. but i know that they run a very
          tight community on <A HREF="www.bt-network.org">www.bt-network.org</A>

          the message boards are extremly active

          i met a lot of people from there

          :)

          jd
        • s_lobo_2 <s_lobo_2@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
            Tight the community may be, but the boards are no more active than
            our very own Hybrid board. In fact, the main 'BT' message board has
            only an average of 5 original posts per day, not even that somedays.
            I suspect there are moany more views of those posts though.

          • EvilAlivE@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
              s_lobo_2@... writes:

              > Tight the community may be, but the boards are no more active than
              > our very own Hybrid board. In fact, the main 'BT' message board has
              > only an average of 5 original posts per day, not even that somedays.
              > I suspect there are moany more views of those posts though.

              well im not getting into a p*ssing contest of which community is tighter.. or
              whos better... the conclusion to it all was... it was pretty kewl that
              someones music brought some people from all over our continent together for a
              weekend to celebrate.. and share with the guy who makes it...

              i sure as heck wouldnt mind doing stuff like that more often... its the best
              weekend ive had since... 94.. jetsetting off to europe with friends and just
              having a blast

              :)

              jd
            • Oliver Collett <olivercollett@hotmail.co
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
                > i sure as heck wouldnt mind doing stuff like that more often... its
                the best
                > weekend ive had since... 94.. jetsetting off to europe with friends
                and just
                > having a blast
                >
                > :)
                >
                > jd

                And some of us can be regulars on both and have the best of both worlds!

                Doesn't matter who has the most views, who has the most posts, who has
                the most members. All that matters is, we all love the music :)
              • dim-8
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 19, 2002
                  remember, EvilAlivE? this is the guy that gave us our "nu school baby" bt remix.

                  > well im not getting into a p*ssing contest of which community is tighter.. >or
                  > whos better... the conclusion to it all was... it was pretty kewl that
                  > someones music brought some people from all over our continent together for >a
                  > weekend to celebrate.. and share with the guy who makes it...
                  >
                  > i sure as heck wouldnt mind doing stuff like that more often... its the >best
                  > weekend ive had since... 94.. jetsetting off to europe with friends and >just
                  > having a blast
                • s_lobo_2
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 20, 2002
                    Bah! I think the BT members smell anyway!

                    > And some of us can be regulars on both and have the best of both
                    worlds!

                    > Doesn't matter who has the most views, who has the most posts, who
                    has
                    > the most members. All that matters is, we all love the music :)
                  • Alan Duval
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 20, 2002
                      And this from the Hobo-Humping Slobo-babe :p

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 20, 2002
                        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Duval" <propellerheadcase@h...>
                        wrote:
                        > And this from the Hobo-Humping Slobo-babe :p
                        >
                        > >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "s_lobo_2" <s_lobo_2@y...> wrote:
                        > >Bah! I think the BT members smell anyway!

                        Actually, this new deoderant is doing wonders... so there :p
                      • Nikki Wood
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 20, 2002
                          Has been an awfully long time since i have posted (and never relevantly) but am in the process of crawling out of the woodwork. Bit gutted that i couldnt make the boat party.
                          Was wondering if anyone had had the chance to check out the breakbeat night at Jax, which methinks is called Hum (it may be the other way round). Would be very interested in any opinions/recommendations.

                          [PS Hi ally, hope you are well. Apologies for not being in touch sooner but have been stupidly busy recently, what with my course and such like. However, i can feel a bit of a clubbing spree coming on so let me know if you are out and about in london. have a fab xmas. Nikki xx]
                        • Nick Bower
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 3, 2003
                            >Was wondering if anyone had had the chance to check out the breakbeat
                            night at Jax, which methinks is called Hum (it may >be the other way
                            round). Would be very interested in any opinions/recommendations. N

                            A delayed reply to this one (blame the chaos of Xmas/NYE...also the fact
                            that I've tried to forget what pc's and email are for at least a few
                            weeks - also not had the opportunity to access email much!. Kind of
                            refreshing for me, but equally annoying as afterall its a major mode of
                            contact for many peeps out there )....;)

                            Anyway yes, you're right Nikki, the night is called 'Hum' and the club
                            it originally started off at was called Jax (near London Bridge).
                            Basically, it's a collaboration between the labels Whole 9 Yards & TCR.
                            I went along several few months ago to see Rennie Pilgrem, Meat Katie
                            and Rhythm Division live (may have been the launch night, can't remember
                            now). The music was pretty varied and chunky, the venue was dark and
                            cellar-like in a rough and ready kind of way. However, Hum is on the
                            move in Feb 2003 (relocating from South London to the Fortress club in
                            East London). Its also going bi-monthly now too. For more info go to the
                            club website: http://www.humclub.com/

                            Personally I'd give it a whirl, Nikki - its worth checking out.

                            Cheers

                            :)

                            Nick
                          • Nikki Wood
                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 9, 2003
                              Thanks, Nick, for the info on Hum (this is a seriously belated response, my apologies!). I'll certainly check the night out when it moves to the Fortress in Old Street on the 22nd Feb, especially as it will be almost within walking (or stumbling) distance from my house.
                              Would be interested to know if anyone else from the list is planning on going and also what the chances are of Hybrid making an appearance at some point.

                              And going back to a very old thread, given that it is snooker time again, i still get a bit excited whenever i hear Finished Symphony in the background. And Rob Dougan's Furious Angels on the Post Office ads.I definitely need to get out more.

                              Nikki