Re: [Hybrid] Re: Hybrid Top 5 tracks 11-12-02

  • Antti Mutta
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 26, 2002
      It can't be Amb's Romeo. That's a breaks number with massive orchestra
      samples and the weirdest breakdown with a simple guitar. Nice tune with very
      good beats, though.

      I always thought the tune before Noel Sanger's mix of Control Factor was
      Moby's Extreme Ways mixed by Lee Coombs.

      -antti

      > I'm thinking that 'Amb - Romeo' is a likely candidate for the tune
      > that no-one could place from the Kiss 100 July 2002 Hybrid set (see
      > below).
      >
      > Can anyone confirm or deny this?
      >
      > x/H
    • synathome
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 26, 2002
        > It can't be Amb's Romeo. That's a breaks number with massive
        > orchestra samples and the weirdest breakdown with a simple guitar.
        > Nice tune with very good beats, though.

        Thanks for the info. Perhaps something else by Amb? When Chris reads
        out the name it sounds like "Amb featuring Erzine".

        > I always thought the tune before Noel Sanger's mix of Control
        > Factor was Moby's Extreme Ways mixed by Lee Coombs.

        That's the Alice mix - I'm looking for the tune before Control Factor
        in the Kiss 100 July 2002 mix...

        cheers,
        Hamish

      • EvilAlivE@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 26, 2002
          antti.mutta@... writes:

          > It can't be Amb's Romeo.

          more info on this choon please
        • Antti Mutta
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 19, 2002
            > > It can't be Amb's Romeo.
            > more info on this choon please

            Amb's Romeo is an epic breaks track, which mixes orchestra samples (from a
            classical piece almost 100% sure) and nicely produced beats. There's a silly
            breakdown which lasts for a minute or so with ambient sounds, Junkie
            XL-style acoustic guitar AND rimshot hits. The orchestra samples make me
            think of agent flicks like James Bond with their over the top score. It's
            the beat programming which makes Romeo the tune that it is though. No idea
            who's behind the choon, though...

            -antti

            ps. Sorry for taking so long with the reply =)
          • Garfield <gdreams@earthlink.net>
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 31, 2002
              I found it. After much searching I have been obsessed about this
              tune as well and here it is:

              Amb featuring Kiss Erzsi

              Here is a link to the sample. Yeah!!!!! Victory.

              http://217.158.65.110/MP3/SF96780.mp3

            • ally@hybrid-group.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 31, 2002
                > I found it. After much searching I have been obsessed about this
                > tune as well and here it is:
                >
                > Amb featuring Kiss Erzsi

                Ahhh....another Amb track. They seem to be doing well.

                Ally
              • synathome <hamish.allan@blueyonder.co.uk>
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 5, 2003
                  > I found it. After much searching I have been obsessed about this
                  > tune as well and here it is:
                  >
                  > Amb featuring Kiss Erzsi

                  Ah, Garfield, you beauty. Thank you very much for posting that!

                  Now I am keen to find Chi Recordings' "Chi Glassic Volume 2: Crash &
                  Carry".

                  Does anyone know where to get hold of a copy in the UK?

                  Thanks in advance,
                  Hamish