Re: [Hybrid] Hybrid on BeatFreq

  • Daniel Craig
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2000
      Well dammit, I even got cut off while listening to that set and I have a
      T1 connection. I heard about 40 minutes of it and it totally whoops
      ass. I wasn't too crazy about the song they started off with but the
      rest of the set was excellent in every way. Choice of songs, mood, the
      way those bastards mix breaks is incredible. I wanna be able to do
      that.

      DC
    • Daniel Craig
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2000
        Hey, how did you manage to record the set? I have a T1 connection and
        I'd love to get that monkey at some seriously high rate if at all
        possible. Hopefully it won't stall on me like it did the other night.

        DC
      • Jonathan Kim-Reuter
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2000
          On recording the show: I just use Soundforge .wav editing/recording
          software (although I'm sure many other .wav editing/recording
          software will do...Soundforge is just very good), prepare as if I was
          about to record a music source, and then activate the real audio
          link. Usually I get about 5-6 sec of buffering silence and then the
          music starts. At that time, actually a little before, I start
          recording. The real audio source is "captured" as a line-in music
          file, played through the pcs soundcard, in .wav format. It is very
          easy to do, even if the real audio source stalls for net traffic and
          then resumes, you can just go into the .wav file once finished and
          delete the recorded silence.

          If you need additional info, contact me offlist. Maybe I can even
          supply some of the software....it's the holidays you know.

          Regards,

          Jonathan

          p.s. whoever gets a t1 connection recording, drop me a line.

          --- In HybridUK@egroups.com, "David Pauls" <dpauls@u...> wrote:
          > Im gonna encode it on the T1 300k connection ... will let you guys
          know when
          > i get it done ...
          >
          > Regards,
          > David Pauls

        • David Pauls

            > Hey all. Big thanks to Gen for spotting this show!
            >
            > Just got finished recording it (~45min show), at 56kmodem encoding rate
            > (20-25kbs), so if anyone doesn't have/get a copy of their own, contact me
            and
            > we can talk.
            >
            > If anyone manages to record a copy at a higher encoding rate, contact me!
            >
            > Thanks all.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Jonathan
            >
            > http://www.geocities.com/soundquarry/index.html

            > USEFUL LINKS
            >
            > Distinctive Records - Hybrid's record label - featuring video clips, sound
            and you can buy some Hybrid tunes here!
            > http://www.distinctiverecords.com
            >
            > Hybrid Fan Site : Find out the latest news about Hybrid and related
            artists

            > Breaksworld : Breakbeat news, reviews, tunes, DJ mixes, charts and loads
            more.
            > http://www.breaksworld.com/

          • vladimiratsunrise
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2008
              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Kim-Reuter"
              <kimreuterj@...> wrote:

              > On recording the show: I just use Soundforge .wav editing/recording
              > software (although I'm sure many other .wav editing/recording
              > software will do...Soundforge is just very good), prepare as if I was
              > about to record a music source, and then activate the real audio
              > link. Usually I get about 5-6 sec of buffering silence and then the
              > music starts. At that time, actually a little before, I start
              > recording. The real audio source is "captured" as a line-in music
              > file, played through the pcs soundcard, in .wav format. It is very
              > easy to do, even if the real audio source stalls for net traffic and
              > then resumes, you can just go into the .wav file once finished and
              > delete the recorded silence.
              >
              > If you need additional info, contact me offlist. Maybe I can even
              > supply some of the software....it's the holidays you know.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Jonathan
              >
              > p.s. whoever gets a t1 connection recording, drop me a line.
              >

              > --- In HybridUK@egroups.com, "David Pauls" <dpauls@u...> wrote:
              > > Im gonna encode it on the T1 300k connection ... will let you guys
              > know when
              > > i get it done ...
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > > David Pauls

              Who could tell me is BeatFreq a club or what? i can't to find anything
              about this, Please more information.