8397Re: [Hybrid] OT: Apple acquires Emagic

  • Ben Smith
    Jul 2, 2002
      From: "propellerheadcase" <propellerheadcase@...>
      To: <HybridUK@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 1:25 AM
      Subject: Re: [Hybrid] OT: Apple acquires Emagic

      > Given that Bill Gates/Microsoft has had a "strategic alliance" with
      > Apple for going on 2 years now is it really that surprising? Bill
      > effectively bailed Apple out a little while back (I can't remember
      > the specifics).

      Not for the first time either, they forgot their Court battle over the
      look'n'feel issue to go after Adobe, wheels, within wheels within wheels
      etc...

      I'm guessing the rationale is that they are loosing first time buyers who
      faced with a +£1500 Mac to run Logic and a sub £1000 PC with a published
      higher spec will plump for the PC. Not that I can imagine anyone jumping
      into Logic based on that alone. Argh, stuff it, Nuendo for me heh
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic