7043Re: Uberzone

  • R. Vogel
    Mar 8, 2002
      Ya, ya I know, you guys took what I meant out of context.... There are a
      sh*tload of american artists that are pioneers and are world renouned....
      that's not what I meant. =)

      I specifically meant the UK nu-skool breakbeat scene.... there are no other
      american artists getting as played / respected by europeans in that scene
      besides Uberzone. Moby+Crystal Method etc are pretty mainstream artists, so
      yeah they have wide reception, but the only CM I'm hearing from the nu-skool
      scene is the Hybrid remix of "Name of the Game"!

      Anyway, this all got way off topic, the original post was about Uberzone's
      work with Distinctive....

      > In terms of American electronic artists that get respect in Europe, let's
      > not forget Moby & The Crystal Method are all Americans, not to mention the
      > founders of Detroit Techno like Derrick May, Juan Atkins, Kevin Saunderson
      > and Carl Craig. Their names might not be as familiar as BT, Moby, or Q
      from
      > Uberzone, but being a Detroiter all my life I can vouch for the insane
      > number of Brits, and other Europeans, I met at the Detroit Electronic
      Music
      > Festival over the past 2 years.
      >
      > Matt A.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic