7032Re: Uberzone

  • Matt A.
    Mar 8, 2002
      In terms of American electronic artists that get respect in Europe, let's
      not forget Moby & The Crystal Method are all Americans, not to mention the
      founders of Detroit Techno like Derrick May, Juan Atkins, Kevin Saunderson
      and Carl Craig. Their names might not be as familiar as BT, Moby, or Q from
      Uberzone, but being a Detroiter all my life I can vouch for the insane
      number of Brits, and other Europeans, I met at the Detroit Electronic Music
      Festival over the past 2 years.

      Matt A.

      > what about all other US producers and singers (from all the possible
      > genres) that get record deals and singles/albums released in Europe
      > way before they get recognised in the US?
      >
      > Not to mention that Europe has the dubious distinction
      > of "discovering" Backstreet Boys and then putting them back on the
      > stateside music map and triggering the boy-band circus there?
      >
      > I may be a bit off-topic and off-genre here but even when it comes to
      > breaks or trance or house to say that Q is "the only one" is a bit of
      > a stretch of imagination.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic