623Re: [HybridUK] Did you know that those annoying adverts at the top can be removed?

  • Stuart Bruce
    Sep 1, 2000
      On Fri 01 Sep, kiss the sun and walk on air wrote:
      > On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 03:04:07AM +0100, Stuart Bruce wrote:
      > > Over on the Utah Saints list we took a vote and decided just to
      > > leave the adverts where they were and ignore them. Not too hard.
      >
      > but for those of us using console (text) based email clients, that
      > means we have to scroll down before reading the message body, which
      > sucks. i'd vote for a move. i know topica and listbot both put the
      > adverts at the bottom.

      I'm using a text-based e-mail client. However, instead of messages
      opening in small, fraction-of-the-screen windows, I get them to open in
      windows that're as tall as my screen; which means that the advert really
      does blend into the header at the top of the page, to get ignored.

      Since people seem to feel so passionate about moving, I'd suggest
      putting it to a poll vote.

      Stuart.

      --
      Stuart Bruce