3031Re: [Hybrid] Dance Singles (was: Re: NGCBD)

  • stuart.bruce@aardman.com
    Jun 1, 2001
      HybridUK@yahoogroups.com writes:
      >Whenever Hybrid have just released something, and I'm in either HMV or
      >Virgin (normally trying hard not to buy CDs or vinyl).....I can't resist
      >taking as many Hybrid CDs / 12"s as I dare and placing them in the most
      >prominent positions.

      I don't think this is necessarily going too far... I've done the same for
      other bands.

      I believe that there are people in London who get paid by promotion
      companies to keep going into shops before a release date and keenly asking
      to know when a record is coming out, to e-mail radio stations and place
      requests under various different names, and to quietly shift a few copies
      to more prominent places in the store while nobody's really looking.

      So while maybe you're not going too far, you should perhaps be getting
      paid for your troubles... <grin>.

      Stuart.

      --
      Stuart Bruce