25234Re: [Hybrid List] Re: Massive Attack 'Psyche'

  • dcraig@nmt.edu
    Oct 21, 2009
      I am curious what Hybrid's new album will sound like though, to be honest,
      I'm not holding my breath.

      You're right, they only have three breaks tracks on the new album.
      Bodymotion, and two downtempo tracks at the end. Except for one of the
      down tempo tracks near the end of the album that has a very old school
      electro-style break to it the rest of the album stays in the cosmic disco
      sound really. No electro (house) that I can tell.

      > Well they dont have to be strictly breaks/orchestral (lets face it hybrid
      > do more 4/4 beats these days then breaks) but I meant WOW tracks like
      > 'blue', 'stealth', 'mindcircus', 'just like a man' etc. As i said i only
      > heard a bit of the new album and it sounded more electro (or something)
      > then melodic hopeful i just heard the wrong bits.
      >
      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, dcraig@... wrote:
      >>
      >> WOW have never been breaks/orchestral so I'm not sure what you were
      >> expecting there. I happen to find the new album to be totally awesome.
      >>
      >> - Dan
      >>
      >> > Anyone heard good music laterly that is similar style
      >> > (breaks/electronica/orchestral) to hybrid? I heard a bit of the new
      >> way
      >> > out west album the other day and what i heard didnt impress me much.
      >> > hopefully ill change my mind when i get to hear it all...

      >> amazing,
      >> emotionally

    • Show all 34 messages in this topic