24957Re: [Hybrid] Formula of Fear

  • Reallyknowyourenemy
    Jul 22, 2008
      Cd1 is defiently a grower, (love the transitions in there) also diggin lank track on cd2 ... Right about the breaks though unfortunatley, the best breaks I have been hearing r by unsigned producers!

      On 23/07/2008, at 3:19 AM, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@...> wrote:

      Well, got to say I did n't dig CD1 at first but as expected it has
      begun to grow on me a lot.

      Can understand that people are a little disappointed with CD2.
      Definitely a CD of two halves with the minimilist tech house vibe
      first up (which, incidently I dislike enormously), journeying into
      prog house territory at the end. Not too many breaks in there,
      although Hybrid did point out in their latest interview that there's
      not a lot of quality breaks material out there at the mo, so I guess
      that's understandable. I definitely like the second half of CD2,
      think the Formula Of Fear remix is superbly produced (as most Hybrid
      remixes have been recently) so bit surprised by some people's
      comments. Think the end of the CD flows nicely from track 9 through
      to the end, once you've managed to negotiate the rather uninspiring
      Shifter & Carvell remix of $50 Pistol.

      I'm hardly going to comment on the first half of CD2, I do not like
      it. The only thing I will say is that the Matrix Dub of Long Range
      is disappointing, not a patch on the original Hybrid mix (which is a
      true winner) and a tad dull.

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Wrigley <fireybob@...> wrote:

      > As far as I'm concerned CD1 is one of the best downbeat mixes I've
      ever heard but CD2 is one of the worst. It reminds me of an
      unprogressive progressive trance album which always ends up going
      nowhere. I told myself by song 6 it doesn't matter, Hybrids own
      tracks are coming up next, but alas, even these were awful. I feel
      a little let down by the boys by them not including any of their own
      homegrown tracks especially when the "formula of fear" and "fifty
      dollar pistol" originals are so powerful. Hybrid hooking up with
      Harry Gregson Williams was ALWAYS gonna sound good and the beats
      towards the end of formula of fear are sick so why not include
      them. My mind is telling me, money making tactic, but nevertheless
      I will still buy the singles when they arrive as will, without a
      doubt, all other long-term hybrid fans.

      > By the way if anyone hasn't heard "cascade" on the new hybrid
      website "soundsystem" check it out. Probably one of the best
      dancier remixes they've done.....ever.

      > Andrew W
      >

      > To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
      > From: andyrober@...
      > Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:47:53 +0000
      > Subject: Re: [Hybrid] Formula of Fear

      > Haven't had much chance to listen to it yet but
      there's some very

      > nice (BT-esque?) tracks in there and flawlessly mixed.
      >

      > I was really looking forward to Formula of Fear but I miss the
      vocal

      > on this version, can't wait for the single.
      >

      > So far, its all about CD 1 for me - the last CD (Re_Mixed) was
      >
      > disappointing but this one is a return to proper Hybrid
      compilations

      > and was well worth the wait I think.
      >

      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, James West <jamesw2020@> wrote:
      >

      > > Just listened to CD 1 of Soundsystem. I'm overwhelmed. That's
      the

      > best downtempo mix I've heard since Nick Warren's Global
      Underground

      > 24 mix. My head went tingly for a good 30 seconds when the Man on
      >
      > Fire vocal came in at the end, that hasn't happened to me for a
      good

      > ten years, certainly since I stop being involved with Mr
      Mitsubishi.

      > > I was looking forward to the clubbier mix more to be honest, but
      >
      > what an achievement, cheers Hybrid dons.
      >

      > > What does everyone else think?
      >

      > > James

      Morrison

      Start at the new Yahoo!7 for a better online experience. www.yahoo7.com.au