24873Re: Obtaining 'Scores' CD..?

  • chrismix50
    Mar 18, 2008
      There is always the chance that Distinctive might jump on it...but I
      wouldn't hold your breath.

      Clearly the response to the Scores has been great, unfortunately it
      doesn't really allow for anything to come to Hybrid. I guess it
      depends on the agreement they made with Music House. Theres a whole
      load of stuff I would love to see released, many of which don't have
      licensing issues etc. stopping them.

      I see it more of an issue with the label being a bit disorganized and
      bureaucratic....hopefully that will change with the recent changes at
      Distinctive.

      Until then we can hope....Hope will be a bit more on top of things.

      BTW there was a legit copy of Scores on Discogs a week or two
      ago...unfortunately it came with the price tag of $200 US....even
      crazier is someone bought it.

      -Chris

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jims16v" <chicane-uk@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the link.
      >
      > As you correctly assume, i'm nothing to do with the industry or
      > otherwise so not "entitled" to hand over money for a CD I want to buy.
      > You have to love how the industry works sometimes.
      >
      > Does anyone have any sway with Distinctive which might persuade them
      > to put this album up for sale on their website at least? :( I'm sure
      > there must be a lot of Hybrid fans who'd like to bag a (legitimate)
      copy!

      > Cheers,
      >
      > Jim
      >
      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@> wrote:
      > >
      > > You can get it from http://www.playmusichouse.com/
      > >
      > > Only issue is that you have to have legitimate business connections.
      > > Depending on your country and employer / job title you may be able to
      > > just order one.
      > >
      > > Odds are you won't fit the requirements and will be scoping out ebay
      > > like so many of us.
      > >
      > > :(
      > >

      > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jims16v" <chicane-uk@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi folks,
      > >
      > > I apologise if this has been discussed to death - however I did use
      > the search but didn't find a whole heap of information!
      > >
      > > I'm really, really desperate to obtain the Scores CD - but i've no
      > idea how to get it. I've watched eBay periodically over the last year
      > or so with no success, and obviously would rather obtain it
      > legitimately - does anyone have any idea how I can go about getting a
      > copy?
      > >
      > > I emailed Distinctive some time ago (year or so I think) and never
      > even had a reply! A bit frustrating when you're a genuine fan and own
      > all the Hybrid studio albums, mix CD's, etc etc!
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Jim

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic