24806Re: Message Boards

  • djyobbo
    Nov 22, 2007
      Despite not being a huge fan of yahoo groups i'd argue that the only
      reason i'm still on the list is simply because it is a mailing list
      and not a board. So for all those months where nothing much happens i
      don't have to keep logging in and checking an actual message board....
      i guess a message board would be fine for more off-topic/general
      chatter but i'd prefer to receive stuff as email since the list often
      goes through phases and i wouldn't have time to check a message board
      every day/week....

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <list@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > I chose this system because some people liked getting email and
      > replying (and not going to a website) and some people liked using
      > the site as a message board and setting their preferences to 'no
      > email'.
      >
      > There def. pros and cons of both ways :) You do have to read all
      > posts on this list...however, sometimes you can miss discussions on
      > the bulletin boards as they are seperated out.
      >
      > We can change to another message board if everyone wants to... this
      > group has been going for 8+ years, so it would kinda an end of an
      > era. I might be being too precious though :)
      >
      > Ally
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic