24548Re: [Hybrid] Re: new member - dumb question

  • Donna Calcavecchia
    May 9, 2007
      hey Max thanks for the info. I have been reading about it online and it seems really cool and yes you are right it is expensive I did the conversion of money and it comes out to $250 well in american money. This covers all 3 days I assume or would hope if you know of anything else that is worth checking out let me know. I have never been over seas as this will be my first time, my boyfriend went last year but had his daughter with him so things like this were not on his agenda (ha-ha) I have seen hybrid four times here in fl (tampa & orlando) I have met them and they autographed a shirt for me the are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
      Thanks again
      Donna

      Max Hogg <maxhogg@...> wrote:
      Hi Donna (and everyone)

      The Glade festival is an electronic dance music festival - the music is
      mainly breaks, lots of psytrance, a bit of house, a bit of techno and some
      more chilled/minimal stuff.

      In my opinion its the best UK festival - very good atmosphere and (in the
      last three years its been running) amazing weather. I don't know of any
      comparisons outside the UK, but its not really like the other big dance
      festivals in the UK (Creamfields, Global Gathering, Homelands) which I find
      pretty unpleasant - its more like a small version of Glastonbury but with a
      very particular sort of music.

      Given the music, there is understandably quite a lot of drugs about, but the
      atmosphere isn't spoiled by that - people only go there because they know
      and love the acts/genres there, and so the crowds are very friendly and good
      fun.

      I hope this helps - more information at www.gladefestival.com
      Tickets are very expensive, though.

      Max