23925Re: I Choose Noise - indeed I do.

  • Jonathan Beadle
    Sep 5, 2006
      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Michael" <moshie61@...> wrote:

      > now my only major complaint is i think
      > they should of spent a little longer on the melodic and structural side of
      > the tracks (some of the tracks dont change all that much or only once, from
      > beat orientated to orchestral or vice versa, the way wide angle had
      > unexpected changes in key and direction) however im now loving all the
      > tracks despite this (well im working on 'choke'). I wish they were a bit
      > more adventurous melodically but by the end of each track im usually into
      > it. I Still think that the strings need to drive the melody a bit more
      > though, instead of just filling the background or in the case of dogstar,
      > having a 'tacked on' feeling.

      I think you've hit the nail on the head. The album is monotonous and I use that word not in
      its overused sense but literally to mean that a single tone runs through the entire album.
      There are no melodic highs and lows that you'd expect from an album contaning an
      orchestra. It has low, rumbling, portentous string washes but they are there as musical
      wallpaper. This album doesn't have the emotional intensity of Wide Angle nor the aural
      excitement of Morning Sci-Fi. A shame. Still, roll on 2009!
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic