23840Re: Now!

  • Nick Bower
    Aug 30, 2006
      I agree totally with what Ally has said. The album is a real
      grower...apart from tracks like I Choose Noise and Until Tomorrow
      which are just stunning...a real aural assault from the first spin.

      The latter, in my opinion (which may or may not count for much
      depending who you are - lol) is my favourite album track. I think it's one of the most musically mature and emotional tracks the boys have turned out. For me it easily matches, if not surpasses some of Brian Transeau's stuff...and I'm a big BT fan. I think I've worn the track out already :)

      Yes, I'm certainly choosing noise at the moment.

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...>
      > Yep - if there is one peice of advice I can give to anyone listening
      > to I Choose Noise for the first time...it's listen to it a few times
      > before making up your mind about the album/tracks.
      > There's a lot to take in on the first listen...so much detail. I
      > found that tracks that didn't do anything much for me on the first
      > listen became my favourite track on the third listen.
      > Have fun listening...I'm off to Amsterdam for a few days...I'll
      > leave you with your other lovely moderators...Nick and Alan :)
      > Ally
      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Chapman"
      > <peter1.chapman@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It's taken quite a number of listens. At first it was pretty good,
      > some
      > > quality tracks but some of the harder ones (e.g. Hooligan Spirit)
      > have taken
      > > quite a while to sink in. The album as a whole now is phenomenal
      > if on first
      > > listen some of it washes over you, stick with it, it's well well
      > worth it,
      > > no where near as accessible as Wide Angle but the production is
      > phenomenal
      > > and it's just a brilliant listening experience.
      > >
      > > Last man standing just keeps getting better on every listen, when
      > the EP
      > > came out I kept skipping it thinking it went no where but the more
      > you
      > > listen, the more you here all the intricacies, the tribal drum
      > beat is
      > > infectious as hell! I think my favourite track of the album is
      > probably
      > > until tomorrow, the build up is sublime and the acoustic nature
      > sounds just
      > > beautiful, not what i expected from Hybrid, a really wicked
      > surprise. I'm
      > > dying to hear some of this live. Come on Distinctive, secret live
      > gig in
      > > London or indeed any live gig within a 50 mile radius, pretty
      > please!
      > >
      > > Pete.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic