23008Re: OT: Please protect your ears!

  • c_chilton
    Apr 17, 2006
      I have self induced tinnitus, the damage for me came from my Ipod and
      Shure headphones about 18 months ago (and probably after a great deal
      of Hybrid music too! :) )

      I suspect I can relate to what you must be going through at the moment
      Darrin, if its any help all I will say is that your mind has already
      started its own slow healing process and gradually you will begin to
      notice it less and less.

      Good advice in your message, all I would like to add for others is to
      be responsible to yourself and enjoy!

      Chuck

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Darrin Maunders <darrin@...> wrote:

      > This is a bit off topic. Ally may or may not let this through. I
      hope she does.

      > I do not wish to frighten anyone, but I do feel it is my duty to at
      least make people aware of this and let them decide for themselves.

      > I recently have come down with a bad case of tinnitus. For those
      that do not know what this condition is it's where you can hear sounds
      where none exist. Others cannot hear the sounds But you can. Some
      people like myself can hear these horrible noises night and day every
      day. It may never go away. It left me feeling very depressed.

      > The main causes of tinnitus are ear infections, head trauma and LOUD
      NOISE. [snip]
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic