21327OT: ET (Re: 'taking off')

  • Alan Duval
    Feb 4, 2005
      Whilst I basically agree I'd have to say that Prince's idiosyncracies
      are part of his charm, as so often what he does that shouldn't work,
      does.

      As for Lennon, well, I'd put 'Imagine' up against pretty much
      anything the Beatles did as a whole in that basic style - 'Yesterday'
      may be more frequently performed/covered, 'Hey, Jude' may get more
      radio play, but 'Imagine' is a better song than both, IMHO.

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, GAmoore@a... wrote:
      I agree. I think its hard for any one person to get it right. Even
      Prince gets idiosynchratic and bizarre at times. And look at how
      Lennon and McCartney separately were never the equal of Lennon-
      McCartney. I think there need to be multiple heads involved to give
      balance. BT is very talented - but he has no boundaries.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic