17204OT: Distinctive sets hub

  • vinnie970
    Nov 12, 2003
      I like these thoughts...sounds like a great compromise. Maybe
      register another URL like disinctivesets.com to redirect to
      Hybridized in it's current form. There is no mini-site for WOW as far
      as I know so wowest would most likely do the linking. Determining and
      collecting bandwidth payment for such a venture would be admittedly
      tricky.

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Duval"
      <propellerheadcase@h...> wrote:
      > I'd be surprised if Distinct'ive weren't prepared to come to some
      > kind of understanding whereby you host the mixes which they can
      link
      > to from the Hybrid and Way Out West pages/micros-sites/whatever in
      > return for some help with costs, based on traffic driven from their
      > site to yours, or something. Hybrid are clearly happy to have a
      one-
      > stop shop for their live mixes, and with WOW now on trhe same label
      > it seems a natural partnership.
      >
      > Just a thought.
      >
      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Andy Grundman <andy@h...> wrote:
      > But I think I need to figure out the bandwidth situation first.
      Last
      > month I did 701 GB and my limit is 700. I'll need to get a 2nd
      > server or restrict the number of downloads, which may or may not
      even
      > work as the site gets more popular. I saw a micropayment article
      on
      > Slashdot the other day, and I wonder if that (a few cents per
      > download?) would be feasable to help pay for the 2nd server. Any
      > extra could be donated to the artists or something. However by
      doing
      > that, I'd probably drive away a lot of people, would would reduce
      the
      > bandwidth anyway. There is no good solution I'm afraid. :(
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic