14368RE: [Hybrid] Re: Morning Sci Fi Press Quotes

  • jbeadle@blueyonder.co.uk
    Jun 3, 2003
      s_lobo_2 said:

      >"Geez! Next we'll be moaning about stupid little picky things like
      >Hybrid's new logo (which I hate by the way! Why not keep to the
      >original 'distinctive' logo! Or is it their new 'mature' image...
      >grumble, grumble, yadda, yadda, yadda)!"

      This is where I get to put my typeface geek hat on and say "yay!" for Hybrid's new logo. Eurostile is a cool retro-future font that I love. They messed up their last logo by amending it from its orginal, sleeker Wide Angle version.

      There's a definite contrast on the cover of Morning Sci-Fi between the stark futurism of the typeface and the naturalistic nature of the picture - a neat summation of Hybrid's style I'd say. This new style says, slick, sophisticated and yes, mature.

      jonny
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic