14358Re: Morning Sci Fi Press Quotes

  • maksidrom
    Jun 3, 2003
      Sorry, but after reading silly quotes like that the last thing I
      would want to do is waste my time reading an ad that disguises
      itself as a review. Couldn't people think of some better metaphors?
      Why not "evoking everything from Pink Floyd to Mozart" for that
      case? I can see fans of MA and Vangelis picking up the album based
      on that comparison and being slightly baffled. And the classic
      journo catchphrases "dance floor mayhem" and "comedown comfort"
      picked from the "Reviews For Dummies" handbook? After reading quite
      a few Muzik & Mixmag reviews over the years I swear at least half of
      their articles include those whored to death phrases.

      Bog standard journalism...

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, G3K <generation_3000@a...> wrote:
      > These are just "press quotes", not full reviews. You may want to
      read the whole articles before you deliver such withering putdowns.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic