11841RE: [Hybrid] OT: James Zabiela

  • Nick Bower
    Feb 3, 2003
      >demi plays proper house music.....

      ...and he did on Saturday night at Deeper Substance in London. Did
      anyone else make it along to this? I have to say though that although
      Demi was good...the guy I really went there to see, James Zabiela,
      floored all competition. Wonderful mix of prog and breaks and I think
      James' scracthing has got even better since I heard him last. A
      throughly enjoyable night...especially when he started cutting his set
      up with old skool breaks. Unsure what happened at 4am though, as with an
      hour to go the sound cut dramatically...was left wondering if this was a
      limit on the sound (due to the time/place being in a residential area) -
      or, had James Z blown the amp!??

      :D

      Next month looks a nice line up too - March 1st 2003, Paulo Mojo and
      Pole Folder. Wicked.

      Nick
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic