Hello All - A better explanation

  • jimemack2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2004
      It's obvious that I am explanation-challenged. I'll try it this way:

      If I know where I am starting, when I manually move the telescope,
      I'll know where I end up...that's it.

      This may take entering two known locations by pointing to them and
      entering them into the controller before I can make the pointing
      accurate. I would have to do this to initialize the system each time
      I set the scope up for observing. I would need to translate my
      horizon coordinate system to the celestial coordinate system, which
      is used to catalog star positions. Maybe that helps more than my
      first attempt.

      Thanks,
      Jim