Re: [EMHL] Re: Schiffler (reply to part 3)

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 3, 2003
      Dear friends,

      --- In Hyacinthos@yahoogroups.com, "Darij Grinberg"
      <darij_grinberg@w...> wrote:
      > I am quite interested in the locus of all points P
      > so that the Euler lines of triangles BPC, CPA, APB
      > intercept the vertices of a cevian triangle. This
      > should pass through the incenters, the orthocenter,
      > the circumcenter, but any other well-known points??

      the locus is a tricircular nonic (9th degree) having the perp.
      bisectors of ABC as real asymptotes.

      A, B, C are double. The tangents at A are the perp. at A to AB, AC.

      it contains
      - the antipodes of A, B, C on C(O,R),
      - the reflections of A, B, C in the sidelines of ABC
      - in/excenters
      - O, H

      but certainly not the Fermats !

      I expect there are some other centers on the curve.

    • Antreas P. Hatzipolakis
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 3, 2003
        On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 07:53 AM, andreyantonov wrote:

        >> I joined the group in the beginning of August.
        >> I immediately checked that points Ia, Ib, Ic and I are well
        >> replacements of the above point P, so the Euler lines of triangles
        >> APC, ABP, BCP and ABC concur at one point. This was also mentioned by
        >> Steve Sigur and Darij Grinberg (and maybe others).
        >> I also found that points X(13) TORRICELLI POINT makes the statement
        >> true.

        The locus of these points is Neuberg Cubic ++

        There was paper by a tetrad of hyacinthos listmembers
        on concurrent Euler lines (and other lines through O)
        of the triangles PBC,PCA,PAB,
        which can be found here:

        http://forumgeom.fau.edu/FG2001volume1/FG200109index.html

        If I remember correctly JPE mentioned also cases with tripolars
        of points. I think that if the Lemoine axes of PBC,PCA,PAB
        are concurrent, then all four Lemoine axes of ABC, PBC,PCA,PAB
        are concurrent.
        I don't remember if there was a discussion on the locus
        of P with this property. (JP may correct my memory!)

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 3, 2003
          Dear Antreas

          > There was paper by a tetrad of hyacinthos listmembers
          > on concurrent Euler lines (and other lines through O)
          > of the triangles PBC,PCA,PAB,
          > which can be found here:
          >
          > http://forumgeom.fau.edu/FG2001volume1/FG200109index.html
          >
          > If I remember correctly JPE mentioned also cases with tripolars
          > of points. I think that if the Lemoine axes of PBC,PCA,PAB
          > are concurrent, then all four Lemoine axes of ABC, PBC,PCA,PAB
          > are concurrent.
          > I don't remember if there was a discussion on the locus
          > of P with this property. (JP may correct my memory!)

          You've proved in your paper that the locus of P such as the Brocard
          axis of PBC, PCA, PAB concur is again the Neuberg cubic and that, if
          they concur, they concur on the Brocard axis of ABC.
          If the Lemoine axis of PBC, PCA, PAB concur, they concur on the
          Lemoine axis of ABC but the locus of such P is a tricircular
          circumsextic and I'm unable to find any interesting point on this
          sextic.