Forum Geometicorum

  • Paul Yiu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
      The following paper has been published in Forum Geometricorum. It can be
      viewed at

      http://forumgeom.fau.edu/FG2003volume3/FG200315index.html

      The Editors,
      Forum Geometricorum

      Alexei Myakishev, The M-configuration of a triangle,

      Forum Geometricorum 3 (2003) 135--144.

      Abstract: We give an easy construction of points A_a, B_a, C_a on the sides
      of a triangle ABC such that the figure M path BC_aA_aB_aC consists of 4
      segments of equal lengths. We study the configuration consisting of the
      three figures M of a triangle, and define an interesting mapping of
      triangle centers associated with such an M-configuration.

    • Darij Grinberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003

        In this article, Alexei Myakishev wrote:

        >> Proposition 1. The lines AAa, BBa, CCa concur at the point
        >> with homogeneous barycentric coordinates

        Wonderful theorem; although, I believe, the lines should be
        AAa, BBb, CCc correctly.

        >> It follows by Ceva's theorem that the lines AAa, BBa, CCa

        The same correction as above.

        I fear that it is not shown that an M figure exists (it
        shouldn't be difficult, but it isn't obvious).

        Darij Grinberg