Two tripolars

  • Darij Grinberg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2003
      Let ABC be a triangle and A', B', C' the reflections of
      A, B, C in BC, CA, AB, respectively. Then the perspectrix
      (axis of perspective) of triangles ABC and A'B'C' is the
      tripolar of the nine-point center of triangle ABC.

      If X, Y, Z are the reflections of the incenter I of ABC
      in BC, CA, AB, respectively, then the perspectrix of
      triangles ABC and A'B'C' is the tripolar of X(226) of
      triangle ABC.

      I wonder if these properties are known.

      Darij Grinberg