Re: [EMHL] New point - New mapping?(correction)

  • alex
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12 2:57 PM
      I'm sorry. Of course, the condition P=f(a),f(b),f(c) must be nessesary for
      that construction, i.e. it is valid not for any central point.
      Yours,
      Alex
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13 6:01 AM
        >I'm sorry. Of course, the condition P=f(a),f(b),f(c) must be nessesary for
        >that construction, i.e. it is valid not for any central point.
        >Yours,
        >Alex
        >> Dear Milorad!
        >> It seems to me that we can get some generalization of that
        >construction -if
        >> I dont't mistake, that fact is correct for any central point - so we have
        >> something like central mapping.(And, for me, it was rather unexpected).
        >> More precisely, let P be the point with barycentric f(a), f(b), f(c)
        >> (nothing particular would change in case f(a,b,c), f(b,c,a),f(c,b,a)).
        >> AP=la,BP=lb,CP=lc, S=f(a)+f(b)+f(c).
        >> Let Pa is the point with barycentric f(a),f(lc),f(lb) - i.e. the point
        >> similar to P, but wrt triangle PBC.
        >> Pb and Pc let us define in the same way.
        >> So, (if I don't mistake in calculations) APa,BPb,CPc have common point
        >witn
        >> barycentric 1/f(b)f(c)+f(la)S,1/f(a)f(c)+f(lb)S,1/f(a)f(b)+f(lc)S - wrt.
        >> triangle ABC.
        Dear Alex, Milorad and other colleagues!
        I think, that a condition P=(f(a),f(b),f(c)) is not nessesary. For example
        it seems, that this hypothesis is correct for the circumcenter O. But it
        isn't correct for Gergonne's point G. It is interesting to formulate the
        nessesary and sufficient conditions, but I don't know how to do it.

        Sincerely your Alexey
      • alex
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13 11:35 AM
          > >I'm sorry. Of course, the condition P=f(a),f(b),f(c) must be nessesary
          for
          > >that construction, i.e. it is valid not for any central point.
          > >Yours,
          > >Alex
          > Dear Alex, Milorad and other colleagues!
          > I think, that a condition P=(f(a),f(b),f(c)) is not nessesary. For example
          > it seems, that this hypothesis is correct for the circumcenter O. But it
          > isn't correct for Gergonne's point G. It is interesting to formulate the
          > nessesary and sufficient conditions, but I don't know how to do it.
          >
          > Sincerely your Alexey
          Dear Alexey!
          When I've wrote about "necessaty", I wanted to use that therm not in
          mathematical sence, but only to stress that my conclusion is valid wrt the
          points with f(a),...,... coordinates. Of course, there exsist some central
          points of more general type (cirumcenter, for example, as You have mentioned
          it), where condition of intersection still remains
          true. But I hardly believe, that it's possible to explore general case.
          Best regards,
          Sincerely Yours,
          Alex

        • Alexey.A.Zaslavsky
          Message 4 of 4 , May 13 10:03 PM
            >Dear Alexey!
            >When I've wrote about "necessaty", I wanted to use that therm not in
            >mathematical sence, but only to stress that my conclusion is valid wrt the
            >points with f(a),...,... coordinates. Of course, there exsist some central
            >points of more general type (cirumcenter, for example, as You have
            mentioned
            >it), where condition of intersection still remains
            >true. But I hardly believe, that it's possible to explore general case.
            >Best regards,
            >Sincerely Yours,
            >Alex

            There is once more interesting problem. Let P is any center, P' - a point of
            intersection of APa, BPb, CPc. When P'=P. I found 4 points:
            centroid M, orthocenter H and 2 Torrichelli's points T1, T2.

            Alexey