Edinburgh Proceedings search

  • Darij Grinberg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5 9:10 AM
      In one of my old triangle geometry files, I have
      found a cryptographical notice which I made in
      2002 while dipping into some old issues of the
      "Proceedings of the Edinburgh Math. Society".
      I had no time to read the papers carefully or to
      copy them, and would be very grateful if you can
      provide me further information about these
      papers.

      Here are the contents of my notice - the numbers
      in the beginning of the lines are the volume
      numbers:

      Edinburgh Proceedings

      1 pages 4-128 The triangle
      2 pages 2-4 circles
      3 pages 77-93 Simson line
      5 pages 62-78 d² = R² - 2Rr
      5 pages 102-103 Feuerbach tangency
      6 pages 2-12 triangle's sides: erecting
      squares
      6 pages 38-40 Feuerbach circle
      6 pages 42-47 pedal triangles
      9 pages 36-39 orthic triangle
      9 pages 39-48 pedal triangles
      9 pages 50-55 pedal line
      10 pages 70-82 intimoscribed circles
      [If my memory doesn't cheat me, this
      were the mixtrilinear incircles?]
      11 pages 19-57 Feuerbach circle
      11 pages 104-106 Adams circle
      12 page 85 pedal triangle
      12 pages 118-119 orthocentric triangle
      13 pages 26-27 Feuerbach tangency
      13 page 28 Brocard
      13 pages 37-104 bisectors of triangle
      13 pages 166-178 isogonals
      14 pages 37-103 symmedians
      14 pages 116-120 Simson lines
      15 pages 98-118 Fermat points
      17 pages 70-99 Third (Tucker) hexagons
      18 pages 11-24 isotomcomplement
      [Surely with another name]
      19 pages 10-22 perspective triangles

      With the 19th issue, I have stopped this list.
      Please also note that I had not written off
      everything (even not all triangle geometry
      articles; there were just too many)!

      I have complete references of three papers:

      1 pages 4-128 The triangle
      is:
      J. S. Mackay: The triangle and its six
      scribed circles. Proc. Edinburgh Math. Soc.
      1 (1883) pages 4-128

      14 pages 37-103 symmedians
      is:
      John Mackay: Symmedians of a Triangle and
      their Concomitant Circles, Proc. Edinburgh
      Math. Soc. 14 (1896) pages 37-103.

      18 pages 11-24 isotomcomplement
      is:
      J. A. Third: Two geometrical
      transformations, Proc. Edinburgh Math. Soc.
      18 (1899-1900) pages 11-24.

      As I have said, I don't remember more than I had
      written up in my notice. Especially, I would be
      very interested for copies or summaries of the
      following papers (if my numbers are correct,
      they must be very short ones):

      5 pages 102-103 Feuerbach tangency
      6 pages 38-40 Feuerbach circle
      11 pages 104-106 Adams circle