Re: Extra de triangulos cabri, In memoriam of Juan Bosco Romero Márquez

  • Francisco Javier
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 21, 2013
      Dear Juan Bosco, my friend, you have gone too soon, thank you for sharing with all of us so many mathematical problems and ideas and for your relentless enthusiasm.

      Rest in peace.

      Francisco Javier.

      --- In Hyacinthos@yahoogroups.com, Ricardo Barroso wrote:

      > Dear friends of Hyacinthos:
      > The great geometer Spanish Juan Bosco Romero Marquez has died.
      > I dedicate of problem of AMM of 1960,
      > I deeply regret, was a friend.
      >
      > Ricardo
      > http://personal.us.es/rbarroso/trianguloscabri/

    • Antreas
      Message 37 of 37 , Mar 21, 2013
        It is Another "Seven Circles Theorem" !

        The "Seven Circles Theorem" states:

        Let a,b',c, a',b,c' be a closed chain of six circles,
        all toouching a base circle w[omega], and suppose that
        their points of contact with w are six distinct points
        A,B',C,A',B,C' respectively. Then, subject of a certain
        extra condition to be discussed below, AA',BB',CC' are concurrent.
        (C J A Evelyn, B G Money - Coutts, J A Tyrrell:
        The Seven Circles Theorem and other theorems. London 1974, p. 31)

        See also
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_circles_theorem
        http://mathworld.wolfram.com/SevenCirclesTheorem.html

        APH