Forum Geometricorum

  • forumgeom forumgeom
    Message 1 of 476 , Dec 5, 2012
      The following paper has been published in Forum Geometricorum. It can be viewed at

      http://forumgeom.fau.edu/FG2012volume12/FG201225index.html

      The editors
      Forum Geometricorum
      Manfred Evers, Generalizing orthocorrespondence,
      Forum Geometricorum, 12 (2012) 255--281.

      Abstract. B. Gibert [Forum Geom., 3 (2003) 21--27] investigates a transformation P→ P┴ of the plane of a triangle ABC, which he calls orthocorrespondence. Important for the definition of this transformation is the tripolar line of P┴ with respect to ABC. This line can be interpreted as a polar-euclidean equivalent of the orthocenter H of the triangle ABC, the point P getting the role of the absolute pole of the polar-euclidean plane. We propose to substitute the center H by other triangle centers and will investigate the properties of such correspondences.

    • forumgeom forumgeom
      Message 476 of 476 , Apr 16, 2013
        The following paper has been published in Forum Geometricorum. It can be viewed at

        http://forumgeom.fau.edu/FG2013volume13/FG201309ndex.html

        The editors
        Forum Geometricorum

        Paul Yiu, On the conic through the intercepts of the three lines through the centroid and the intercepts of a given line,
        Forum Geometricorum, 13 (2013) 87--102.

        Abstract. Let L be a line intersecting the sidelines of triangle ABC at X, Y, Z respectively. The lines joining these intercepts to the centroid give rise to six more intercepts on the sidelines which lie on a conic Q(L,G). We show that this conic (i) degenerates in a pair of lines if L is tangent to the Steiner inellipse, (ii) is a parabola if L is tangent to the ellipse containing the trisection points of the sides, (iii) is a rectangular hyperbola if L is tangent to a circle C_G with center G. We give a ruler and compass construction of the circle C_G. Finally, we also construct the two lines each with the property that the conic Q(L,G) is a circle.