Hello from Sevilla

  • Ricardo Barroso
    Message 1 of 476 , Nov 1, 2011
      Dear friends Hyacinthos:
      in

      http://personal.us.es/rbarroso/trianguloscabri/

      you can see 628 and 629 issues of the journal Research

      TRIANGULOSCABRI

      that the course has in yeartwelve.

      This time it's a line that Professor

      Izquierdo Asensi
      Formulas and Geometric Properties

      http://www.casadellibro.com/libro-formulas-y-propiedades-geometricas/9788493366841/1098595

      and generalization I have raised.

      Best regards from Sevilla

      Ricardo Barroso

      http://personal.us.es/rbarroso/

    • forumgeom forumgeom
      Message 476 of 476 , Apr 16, 2013
        The following paper has been published in Forum Geometricorum. It can be viewed at

        http://forumgeom.fau.edu/FG2013volume13/FG201309ndex.html

        The editors
        Forum Geometricorum

        Paul Yiu, On the conic through the intercepts of the three lines through the centroid and the intercepts of a given line,
        Forum Geometricorum, 13 (2013) 87--102.

        Abstract. Let L be a line intersecting the sidelines of triangle ABC at X, Y, Z respectively. The lines joining these intercepts to the centroid give rise to six more intercepts on the sidelines which lie on a conic Q(L,G). We show that this conic (i) degenerates in a pair of lines if L is tangent to the Steiner inellipse, (ii) is a parabola if L is tangent to the ellipse containing the trisection points of the sides, (iii) is a rectangular hyperbola if L is tangent to a circle C_G with center G. We give a ruler and compass construction of the circle C_G. Finally, we also construct the two lines each with the property that the conic Q(L,G) is a circle.