Some informations

  • Jean-Louis Ayme
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2011
      Dear Hyacinthos,
      I research some information about  the geometer Huseyin Demir who wrote a nice article bout incircles...
      I have this reference
      http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~sertoz/turk/HuseyinDemir.pdf
      but I am not able to read and olso with Google translator...
      Thank for any help
      Sincerely
      Jean-Louis

    • Mustafa Demirplak
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2011
        That article by Cem Tezer (who is a geometer at the Middle East Technical
        University of Ankara where Hüseyin Demir worked for a long time, too.) was
        published in Matematik Dünyası (Mathematics World), a popular mathematics
        magazine in Turkish right after the passing of Hüseyin Demir in 1995.
        Matematik Dünyası announced Demir's death from its cover. The article is a
        sketch of Hüseyin Demir's life, personality, relation to the author, and his
        beliefs. At the it presents a list of works by Demir.

        It is difficult for me to translate the article in a short time, as the
        language it is written is quite mature and more literary than one would
        encounter in an academicians writing.

        On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Jean-Louis Ayme <jeanlouisayme@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Dear Hyacinthos,
        > I research some information about the geometer Huseyin Demir who wrote a
        > nice article bout incircles...
        > I have this reference
        > http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~sertoz/turk/HuseyinDemir.pdf
        > but I am not able to read and olso with Google translator...
        > Thank for any help
        > Sincerely
        > Jean-Louis

        Demirplak