Forum Geometricorum

  • Deoclecio
    Message 1 of 476 , Sep 28, 2011
      Dear Friends,

      I submitted the my paper Sawayama-Thebault's Theorem to Forum Geometricorum, see hyacinthos message #20244.
      In response, the anonymous referee said that the article is unreadable in present format.
      I always learned that there are only two types of geometric solutions: The right or wrong.
      The referee has invented another type of geometric solution: unreadable.
      So, I would like you to read my solution to the problem and tell me if it is correct or wrong or unreadable.

      Sincerely,

      Deoclecio Gouveia Mota Junior
    • forumgeom forumgeom
      Message 476 of 476 , Apr 16, 2013
        The following paper has been published in Forum Geometricorum. It can be viewed at

        http://forumgeom.fau.edu/FG2013volume13/FG201309ndex.html

        The editors
        Forum Geometricorum

        Paul Yiu, On the conic through the intercepts of the three lines through the centroid and the intercepts of a given line,
        Forum Geometricorum, 13 (2013) 87--102.

        Abstract. Let L be a line intersecting the sidelines of triangle ABC at X, Y, Z respectively. The lines joining these intercepts to the centroid give rise to six more intercepts on the sidelines which lie on a conic Q(L,G). We show that this conic (i) degenerates in a pair of lines if L is tangent to the Steiner inellipse, (ii) is a parabola if L is tangent to the ellipse containing the trisection points of the sides, (iii) is a rectangular hyperbola if L is tangent to a circle C_G with center G. We give a ruler and compass construction of the circle C_G. Finally, we also construct the two lines each with the property that the conic Q(L,G) is a circle.