Pencil of conics

  • fqces
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
      Dear Hyacinthos friends,

      I want to draw a conic of the pencil generated by two known conics, knowing also its center. How can I get the five points needed?

      Thanks in advance,

      Quim
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
        Dear Quim,

        > I want to draw a conic of the pencil generated by two known conics,
        > knowing also its center. How can I get the five points needed?

        the center must lie on the nine points conic of the pencil to get a
        solution.

        this conic passes through the two centers of the two conics and
        through the vertices of the self-polar (diagonal) triangle in both
        conics.

        when the two conics have four real common points, the construction is
        easy.