Re: Yanto's problem

  • John Sharp
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2009
      Clark,

      Your query about Yanto.

      Yanto is a pseudonym that appears regularly in the Repository and in
      Leybourn's Mathematical Questions from the Ladies Diary.

      I guess we will never know, but I can only add that he is probably Welsh as
      this is very like nicknames in that part of the world where I grew up.

      The page you referenced on google books, allows you to download the PDF if
      you go to the top right of the page.

      The question is answered on page 209 by "Limenus of Bruton Somerset" in the
      same issue.

      It may be possible to find a reference to Yanto where he gives his locality.

      John S