Re: [EMHL] Circular Cubics

  • Jeffrey Brooks
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2009
      Dear Bernard,

      > > â€" for ΩP : K (Lemoine point) and O1, O2 which are two imaginary
      > > points on the orthic axis and on the circum-conic with perspector
      > > X(184) passing through X(112), X(248), X(906), X(1415), X(1576),
      > > X(2966).
      > >
      > > These points are not the circular points at infinity.
      >
      > of course ! I call them pseudo-circular points.
      >
      > Best regards

      You will laugh, but I honestly thought one could just look at the shape of the curve and determine whether it was circular or not. That is, I previously thought a circular cubic always had one squiggly line plus one loop :-)

      Sincerely, Jeff
      PS
      Thank you.
      I'll continue to work on this (and try to apply a bit more thought :-)
    • Jeffrey Brooks
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6, 2009
        Dear Bernard,
        What led you to your 'if and only if' statement regarding circular cubics:
        http://pagesperso-orange.fr/bernard.gibert/Classes/cl051.html
        Sincerely, Jeff