Locus

  • xpolakis
    Message 1 of 235 , Oct 1, 2008
      Lemma:
      Let (C) be a circle, X,X' two antipodal points on (C), and P a point.
      The centroid of the triangle PXX' is a fixed point.
      The loci of the H's, O's, N's (and other points on the Euler Line) of
      the triangles PXX', as X moves on (C), are lines perpendicular to PC.

      Problem: Which is the locus of the Incenter I and the locus of the
      Lemoine point K, as X moves on (C)?

      Application in triangle ABC:
      We can take a circle of ABC (circumcircle, incircle, NPC, etc)
      and a point on the plane of ABC, and ask for loci of I's and K's
      (and other centers).
      Interesting is the case of P = O and (C) = NPC of ABC.

      That is:
      Let X,X' be two antipodal points on the NPC of ABC.
      The triangles OXX' and ABC share the same centroid G.
      Which is the locus of the incenter of OXX' as X moves on NPC?
      Also which is the locus of the Lemoine point K?

      Message 235 of 235 , Apr 10
        Let ABC be a triangle and P a point

        Which is the locus of  P such that PA + PB + PC = 0
        (signed segments) ?

        APH

        PS see special case

        https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=811391552270276&set=p.811391552270276&type=1&theater