[CEMI] Re: [EMHL] Re: comparison of axes constructions for central conics

  • Alexey.A.Zaslavsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2008
      Dear Jeff, Jean-Pierre, Eisso and other colleagues!
      I can add that we can construct the center of conic if its five points are given.
      In fact using the Pascal theorem we can construct the tangents in given points. Consider the quadrilateral formed by any four of these lines. The centers of its inscribed conics lie on the Gauss line. So the common point of two such lines is the required center.

      Sincerely Alexey

      Dear Eisso,

      For the record:
      Dear Eisso,
      Your post and your correction both have opened my eyes to things I
      never knew or quite understood.
      Thank you very much for your detailed explanations. I did not know the
      use of polars and polar points in the construction of iso-conjugations
      as you described it (and I have looked at many online materials dealing
      with iso-conjugations for some years.) Something connected here for me
      and this is going to keep me very busy for a while. Thank you again.
      Sincerely, Jeff

      Antivirus scanning: Symantec Mail Security for SMTP.

    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2008
        Dear Alexey,

        Just out of curiosity what does [CEMI] refer to?

        Sincerely, Jeff