a problem of circles

  • pavan naidu
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hello, everyone.

      I am Mahathey from India.I joined the group recently.I wanted to share a problem with you people.It is:

      There are n given circles in a plane[ the radii are non zero].The problem is to find a circle of minimum area which encloses all the given circles.

      With regards

      A.Mahathey

      Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, we have it on http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2008
        Dear Mahathey,
        I think that the solution to this
        problem is for every combination of 3 circles
        C1, C2, C3 of the n circles to construct the circle
        C that is tangent internally to the circles C1,C2,C3.
        Of all these circles we take the smallest that has
        in his interior all the others n-1. I think it is easy
        to prove that this circle always exists.
        Best regards
        Nikos Dergiades

        > Hello, everyone.
        >
        > I am Mahathey from India.I joined the group
        > recently.I wanted to share a problem with you
        > people.It is:
        >
        > There are n given circles in a plane[ the radii are
        > non zero].The problem is to find a circle of minimum
        > area which encloses all the given circles.
        >
        > With regards
        >
        > A.Mahathey
        >

        > Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more.
        > You name it, we have it on
        > http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups

        > removed]
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links