Re: [EMHL] Forum Geometricorum

    Message 1 of 476 , Dec 5, 2007
      Dear Alexey
      Thank you for your interesting remark about the radii of these 4 circles.
      As for me, I only use this elementary theorem:
      The locus of the points M such that the bissectors of angle (MA, MB) are
      parallel to 2 orthogonal directions (L) and (L') is a rectangular hyperbola
      of center the middle O of AB, through A and B and with asymptots parallel to
      (L) and (L').

      Besides it is strange that M. Bataille don't give explicitely the loci of
      the vertices A, B, C, D, even if they are obtained by mere translations
      from the loci of the middles of the segments AC and BD.

      Friendly
      Francois

      PS
      Where this Town Tournament takes place?

    • forumgeom forumgeom
      Message 476 of 476 , Apr 16, 2013
        The following paper has been published in Forum Geometricorum. It can be viewed at

        http://forumgeom.fau.edu/FG2013volume13/FG201309ndex.html

        The editors
        Forum Geometricorum

        Paul Yiu, On the conic through the intercepts of the three lines through the centroid and the intercepts of a given line,
        Forum Geometricorum, 13 (2013) 87--102.

        Abstract. Let L be a line intersecting the sidelines of triangle ABC at X, Y, Z respectively. The lines joining these intercepts to the centroid give rise to six more intercepts on the sidelines which lie on a conic Q(L,G). We show that this conic (i) degenerates in a pair of lines if L is tangent to the Steiner inellipse, (ii) is a parabola if L is tangent to the ellipse containing the trisection points of the sides, (iii) is a rectangular hyperbola if L is tangent to a circle C_G with center G. We give a ruler and compass construction of the circle C_G. Finally, we also construct the two lines each with the property that the conic Q(L,G) is a circle.