Question about X(370)

  • zeroprof
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
      Is X(370) = EQUILATERAL CEVIAN TRIANGLE POINT constructible by ruler
      and compass?
      Thanks

      Giovanni Artico
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2007
        Dear Giovanni,

        > Is X(370) = EQUILATERAL CEVIAN TRIANGLE POINT constructible by ruler
        > and compass?
        > Thanks

        please take a look at

        http://perso.orange.fr/bernard.gibert/Tables/table10.html

      • zeroprof
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9, 2007
          Dear Bernard, thank you very much.
          I enjoyed visiting your site, and some questions went to me:
          - what do you use to make your wonderful graphs?
          - why X370 has no symbolic trilinears in Kimberling's list? Perhaps
          because it is not constructible?
          - attempting to construct X370 I met a locus that maybe you already
          know: I took a random point P on side BC, and drew an inscribed
          equilateral triangle with vertices P, Q, R ; the lines AP, BQ, CR form
          a triangle LMN [that reduces to X370 for a precise position of P];
          drawing the locus of one of its vertices [say L] when P moves on BC, a
          curve is traced: is it a cubic ?

          Thanks in advance.
          Best regards

          Giovanni Artico