Re: Three questions about equicenters

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2007
      Dear Quim,

      > Two inscribed triangles a1b1c1, a2b2c2 have an equicenter E as
      > defined and constructed by Thebault. E is the fixed point of the
      > affine transformation sending a1 to a2, b1 to b2, c1 to c2. When
      > a1b1c1, a2b2c2 are similar, E is its similitude center.

      I'm not sure about who first defined the term equicenter, but I found
      something online that suggests a person named E. Duporcq coined the
      term.

      http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0002-9890%28194606%2F07%2953%3A6%
      3C324%3ACPCAS%3E2.0.CO%3B2-7&size=LARGE&origin=JSTOR-enlargePage

      This link will probably not work after the message is posted and the
      lines will have to be concatenated to make it link properly to JSTOR.

      I can send a screenshot of the introductory materials if anyone is
      interested. I want to get my hands on this entire three page paper.

      Friendly, Jeff