Morley : correction

  • Jean-Pierre.EHRMANN
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2000
      Dear Hyacinthists,
      I'm sorry but I've found some typos in my message about Morley's theorem.
      The end of the quotation should be :
      " Application : Morley's theorem :

      k is the complex field :
      angle A = 3a , angle B= 3b ,angle C=3c
      f = rotation with center A, angle 2a
      g = rotation with center B, angle 2b
      h = rotation with center C, angle 2c

      p = fix (fg) , q = fix (gh) , r = fix (hf) are the common points of the
      trisectors.
      As f^3.g^3.h^3 =1 ( because f^3, g^3, r^3 are products of reflexions w.r.t.
      two sides), we get
      p+jq+(j^2)r = 0 which means that p,q,r are the vertices of an equilateral
      triangle"
      Please,accept my apologizes.
      Jean-Pierre

      Very nice; don't you think so.