Re: [EMHL] Re: Locus

    Message 1 of 235 , Apr 5 2:43 AM
      Dear Jean-Pierre

      I will look at your solution very carefully.

      At first sight, it looks good for you use only affine objects and the theory
      is affine!

      Of course my construction maybe slightly different for I only look at the
      affine map ABC --> a(t)b(t)c(t) and don't think to study the affine map
      a(t)b(t)c(t) --> a(t')b(t')c(t') even if I have often used it in other
      situations. That's why I said your remark was so interesting and effectively
      leads to a new construction.

      Your remark means simply that this affine map a(t)b(t)c(t) -->
      a(t')b(t')c(t') is the product of a translation and a transvection.
      In fact all the choo-choo theory is based on the classification of the
      affine plane maps and especially about their fixed points and invariant
      lines ( or axis as you said it).
      When you think that our students in Math Agregation are supposed to know the
      decomposition of linear endomorphisms in any dimension over any field and
      are unable to apply this theory in the affine plane case over the real
      field, one must be sad! Teachers knowing invariants of a matrix and beeing
      unable to do a simple plane drawing, I cry!

      Just some final remarks about this area duck problem:
      1° Of course this is a 2th degree problem over the real field, so there are
      2, 1, 0 or infinitely many solutions! That's just the pleasure of the
      discussion.
      2° The support lines of the duck's motions are not needed to form a triangle
      ABC even if as Hyacinthists we are only in love with these damned "
      Donalded" triangles!

      Friendly
      Francois

      Message 235 of 235 , Apr 10 6:45 AM
        Let ABC be a triangle and P a point

        Which is the locus of  P such that PA + PB + PC = 0
        (signed segments) ?

        APH

        PS see special case

        https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=811391552270276&set=p.811391552270276&type=1&theater