[EMHL] Re: Center quartets

  • Hauke Reddmann
    Message 1 of 18 , May 1 7:37 AM
      --- In Hyacinthos@yahoogroups.com, "jpehrmfr" <Jean-
      Pierre.Ehrmann.70@...> wrote:

      > Dear Floor and Hauke
      > [FvL]
      > > Your suggestion about the Neuberg cubic is interesting, but not
      > correct I
      > > think. How does the circumcenter fit in this???
      > And what about the incenter or X(399)?

      No trick questions please, *you* are the math buffs :-)
      Trying to weasel me out of this one. As I said, the
      Neuberg cubic may be written as symmetric function
      of a flock of tangents. It can happen that the function
      factors to hell for certain special points D.

      Another formulation: Like the circle, the Neuberg cubic
      is defined by 3 points. An ellipse with eccentricity
      e=0.5 is defined by 4 points. Let the 4 points lie on
      a square. Oopsie! 2 solutions!
      Thus: *Almost* every point on the Neuberg cubic has the QP,
      #1 and #3 are "too special", of #399 I frankly don't know
      and the computation is rather lengthy. But when Darij
      said so... :-)

      Hauke