The nine-point conic

  • Wilson Stothers
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Dear All

      We discussed the nine-point conic recently.
      I have now put up a webpage giving very simple proofs
      of most of the basic facts using barycentrics. The proof
      that there is a conic circumscribed on any two cevian
      triangles is about as short as the usual one, but does
      not require the machinery of projective involutions.

      http://www.maths.gla.ac.uk/~wws/cabripages/triangle/ninepoint/proof.ht

      Regards

      Wilson