Re: [EMHL] Hyacinthos versus Valentine

  • Lambrou Michael
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2000
      On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, John Conway wrote:

      > On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Lambrou Michael wrote:
      >

      > It was nice to hear about him - perhaps our "St Hyacinthe"
      > was named after this one!?

      It would nice to know.

      > > Remember, the University of Crete together with the
      > > European Union of Mathematics organizes many conferences
      > > a year at the very same spot, Anogia.
      >
      > I look forward very much to attending one, and hope to
      > meet both you and Antreas very soon!

      I would say the same for you two.(I have not met Antreas, although
      he is from Crete).

      Anyway, any Hyacinth who comes to Crete is welcome to contact me.
      If it is not during summer, then I could offer accommodation (my
      boys are out of home for their studies) so you may keep your
      expenses low. But in summer too, they would be more than happy to
      stay with friends, leaving their beds free (in summer I hardly see
      them anyway: like every youth here, they are all day at the sea
      side, come home for a brief siesta, and off again to return after
      I've gone to sleep. I don't see my car either)
      For most people it might be too hot in summer, but I absolutely
      love it then. May or September is milder for northern people.

      See you here!

      Michael
    • Lambrou Michael
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2000
        On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Richard Guy wrote:

        > The Patrick Lee Fermor book is (also) called `Ill Met by Moonlight',
        > which is, of course, a well known quotation from Macbeth, Act 1. R.

        Thank you for the information.
        I might have confused the titles. It might be that
        Fermor's book is entitled "Ill met by moonlight" and
        Moss's something else. I will look into it.

        Michael